You can be a champion for your community while potentially minimizing your out-of-pocket expense by donating stock to Easter Seals Greater Houston. You may be eligible to earn tax deductions, rebalance your financial profile, and avoid capital gains taxes all while supporting thousands of Veterans, Service Members, children and adults with disabilities, and their families!
- Avoid capital gains tax: 15-30% you’d pay if you sold the stock
- Get a bigger deduction by making a pre-tax contribution
- Nonprofit keeps the money you would have paid the IRS
It’s safe, easy and there is no cost to donate stock.
There are two ways to donate stock to Easter Seals Greater Houston.
1. Donate online through DonateStock. This is a secure platform that donates stock directly to us in minutes.
2. Manually donate stock:
- Raymond James / Prosperity Bank serve as Easter Seals Greater Houston’s broker for receiving securities to establish annuities. If you are transferring securities to fund an outright gift or fulfill a bequest, please fill out and follow the instructions on our Letter of Authorization/Direction to Transfer
- Please notify Easter Seals Greater Houston prior to every transaction of securities and/or stocks. Contact Kelly Klein at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
- Address and Tax ID number:
For your quick reference, our legal name is: Easter Seals of Greater Houston, Inc.
Tax ID Number: 74-1238418
(713) 838 9050; 4888 Loop Central Drive, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77081
Your gift, no matter the size, will transform lives, and we are deeply grateful for your generosity. Thank you for allowing us to continue our life-changing work of helping our neighbors with disabilities live, learn, work, and play in our community.
All contributions and tax treatment are subject to the law and IRS regulations, which may impact deductibility. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the tax benefit of any gift you are considering.