Free Financial Education, Homebuyer Education Services & Public Benefits
Easter Seals Greater Houston’s Housing and Financial Coaching Programs assist low-income individuals and families, Veterans and adults with disabilities, and families with a child with a disability reach their dream of owning their first home through financial coaching, financial education, homebuyers education, and down payment assistance.
We are proud partners of THRIVE, which works to break the cycle of poverty through collaboration with United Way Greater Houston. The agency will also assist clients with applying for SNAP, TANF, and Medicaid.
Includes assistance applying for SNAP, TANF, and Medicaid.
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly the Food Stamp Program
- TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, including cash assistance
- Medicaid: Medical assistance program
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and set up an appointment. The BridgingApps Lab, ToyTech lending library, and Financial Coaches are available during Tuesday Family Nights from 4:30 pm-6:30 pm.
One-on-one financial counseling, or one-on-one homebuyer counseling.
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more and set up an appointment.
Food Scholarship Program
Clients receive a Food Scholarship card and shop at one of the Food for Change Markets, receiving 60 pounds of food twice per month. To be eligible, clients must be receiving financial counseling.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and join the program.
Financial Education Classes
Learn how to develop a budget, manage money, and raise a credit score.
Classes are FREE and take place virtually on Saturdays from 9 am-11 am. Learn more about Housing and Financial Education.
2022 Classes: December 3rd
2023 Classes: January 14th, March 11th, May 20th, more TBA
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more and to register.
Homebuyer Education Classes
Learn about homebuying, down payment assistance, and how to budget for a sustainable mortgage. Participants hear presentations by realtors and loan officers.
- Classes are FREE and take place virtually from 9:00 am-12:30 pm
- *Must Attend 6 hours total to receive education certification
- 2022 Classes: November 12th & 19th.
- 2023 Classes: February 18th & 25th; April 1st & 8th; June 10th & 17th; more TBA
- Learn more about Housing and Financial Education
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at 346-330-3904.
Financial Life Skills Classes For Veterans
Learn how to manage your finances, clean up your credit score, budget, credit card debt, hidden fees, checking & savings accounts, and more, also get an overview of MyHealthVet and the VA website.
Financial Coaching with Freddie Mac
- Financial Coaching for Military
- Financial Technology & App Tips for Military
- Easy to Use Mental Health Apps for Military
Contact us at email@example.com for class dates and locations.
Learn more about our Montgomery County Housing Initiative and Financial Coaching
Partners: Department of Housing and Urban Development, Freddie Mac Foundation, Union Home Mortgage Foundation Financial Coaching/Housing, and United Way THRIVE