Housing Initiative & Financial Coaching
Homeownership is as desirable for people with disabilities as it is for anyone else in America, yet it is estimated that less than one percent of Americans with disabilities are homeowners versus 66 percent of those without disabilities. Currently through the Home of Your Own Program, Easter Seals is closing on 20 homes per year for individuals with disabilities who are low to moderate income and first time homebuyers.
Montgomery County Home Fund Program
$14,500 Down Payment Assistance for individuals meeting income guidelines
- Meet income guidelines (below 80% Area Median Income)
- Attend a HUD-Certified Homebuyer's Education Class
- Have not owned a home in the last three years
- Have a social secuirty number
- Purchase home in Montgomery County (outside the city limits of Conroe)
- Maximum sales price of home is $200,160
- Qualify for a 30-year fixed-rate FHA, Conventional or VA loan with a lender of your choice
Bank ON Montgomery County
Bank On Montgomery County is a new initiative supported by Montgomery County United Way and community partners to connect people with banking services and financial education with ESGH in the lead. With the generous support of banks and non-profit partners, BANK ON Montgomery County (BOMC) help individuals reach financial goals through low-cost checking accounts, small dollar loans, secured credit cards, affordable mortgage loans and personalized financial counseling.
Applications and Forms