The Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
Transition Age Youth Project of Easter Seals Greater Houston
Services and support for persons, ages 16 - 27, who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder and Mental Illness, designed to help youth become more independent and successful in their communities. Services may include a combination of the following:
- Social Skills Training provided by Easter Seals Greater Houston (ESGH) and the Coffeehouse Program of Mental Health-Mental Retardation Authority of Harris County (MHMRA) to help youth gain social skills critical to success in school, employment and the community;
- Supported Employment provided by the Transition Program of ESGH to help persons who want to go to work find and keep a job with a future in their area of interest;
- Summer internships for a limited number of participants with the assistance of Jewish Family Services and the High School/High Tech Program of ESGH to help young persons gain valuable work experience while they are still in high school or college;
- College classes at the Houston Community College VAST Academy to help beginning HCC students successfully complete their basic English or Math courses and to bridge the gap between high school and college;
- BCBA Services provided by ESGH to assess functional behaviors and to recommend services and supports to assist persons with clinical needs;
- Peer Supports to help young persons be more independent by giving them someone with shared experiences to talk to and seek advice from other than parents/service providers;
- Referral Assistance by MHMRA and ESGH to gain access to community resources for help in areas such as transportation, housing, education/scholarships, or finding a doctor;
- Financial Coaching for youth and families, provided by the Housing & Financial Coaching Program of ESGH, to help in planning for attending college, saving for a car or apartment, or helping their family buy a home;
- On-line Driver's Education for a limited number of participants in collaboration with SafeWay Driving;
- Mobile Technology for a limited number of participants provided by the BridgingApps Program of ESGH will provide training, loaner devices and apps to help youth meet their goals in education and/or employment; and,
- Electronic Recycling Training for a limited number of participants provided by the Transition Program of ESGH in collaboration with CompuCycle including curriculum focused on generalized jobs skills building and specific training for a range of jobs in an electronics recycling business.
Transition Program of Easter Seals Greater Houston - 5615 NW Central, C-106 Houston, TX 77092
Robert Williams, Transition Coordinator - Phone Numbers: 832-834-4170 (ofc): 713-208-4835 (cell)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transition Program for Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder & Mental Illness is funded through the generosity of the Hogg Foundation for Mental Health.
For more information, please contact us.